Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Project 8: Mix Tapes

Cello Suite No. 1 in G by J.S. Bach

When I listened to this song by Bach I thought instantly of flowers growing. The cello obviously plays a prominent role in the song, so that image comes into my mind also. I think this drawing of flowers growing out of a cello represents the song well visually.



  Sad Sad City by Ghostland Observatory 

I found this song extremely hard to illustrate. The words, in my opinion, don't match the lyrics. When I listened to the beat, I thought of disco, lights, and a man with an afo. The lyrics, however, talk about no partying in a sad city, and that changes the image in my mind. For these reasons I decided to draw a man in a disco outfit who wants to party, but unfortunately there is no partying in a "sad sad city".



  E.S.P. by The Miles Davis Quintet 

This was my favorite song to illustrate. It is a jazz tune so I thought of jazz people playing instruments on a stage. When I thought about how to draw the musicians on the stage, I decided it would be most fitting to just have their silhouettes because a specific color didn't come to mind when I heard jazz.



Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1

When I heard this song, I instantly thought of a cartoon character. The song seems silly and childish so that is what I portrayed in my illustration. The drew the girl with a smirk on her face because the song is a happy tone. I thought this song was difficult to draw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment