Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In-Class Assignment: Between Ugliness and Beauty

Runner/Smoker

In my opinion a muscular and toned body is beautiful. However, I feel that if I see that person smoking, it takes away a lot of their beauty because I associate smoking with the word ugly.


Pug

A Pug dog is the perfect example of something that is beautiful and ugly. They are such ugly dogs, but there is something about them that is so cute. I own a pug and have had many people tell me that she is so ugly that she's cute.

Atomic Bomb

Bombs are ugly, and cause a lot of damage and even death. However, if you look at pictures of atomic bombs, they are incredibly beautiful. That is why I decided to draw a bomb, and color it with beautiful colors. It shows both sides of beauty and ugly.


Marriage/Divorce

Marriage, along with everything it represents, is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately in today's society marriage often leads to divorce. Divorce gets ugly, and comes with a lot of pain and heart ache. That is why I drew this picture of a couple getting married, but it is torn down the center.



No comments:

Post a Comment